By Gunnel Berry
Publications, articles and essays
- Berry G, May 2016. ‘Persistent Pain State, Compromised Neural Plasticity, and Reflextherapy’., Journal of Novel Physiotherapies Vol 6 Issue 4 1000301 ISSN:2165-7025 JNP, open access journal
- Berry G, Svarovska E. 2014. ‘Report on a membership audit of the association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Reflex Therapy (ACPIRT)’. J of Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. Aug. Vol 20, Issue3, p172-77.
- Berry G. 2011. ‘Adapted Reflextherapy for pain – an alternative physiotherapy approach.’ In: Eds Denise Tiran, Peter Mackereth – Clinical Reflexology. 2nd ed. Elsvier, Churchill Livingstone.
- Berry G. 2011. ‘Reflextherapy in context of Chronic Pain.’ Reflexology. June.
- Berry G, Nankivell L. 2008. ‘Reflextherapy in Scoliosis and Back Pain.’ BackBone Scoliosis Assocation (UK) Newsletter, (Nov)79: p16-7.
- Book in ‘Adapted Reflextherapy’ by Gunnel will launch soon
- Berry G. (2010). Adapted Reflextherapy for Pain – an alternative physiotherapy approach.
- In: Ed P Mackereth, D Tiran Clinical Reflexology. Purchase on Amazon. Read abstract
- Berry G. (2009) Audit of Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Reflextherapy (ACPIRT). ISBN: 978 – 0 – 9564723 – 0 – 4. Read abstract
- Berry G, Nankivell L. (2008) Reflextherapy in Scoliosis and Backpain. In: Backbone; Scoliosis Association (UK); Nov.79:p16-7. Read abstract
- Berry, G. (2008). Essay: Reflective, ethical and philosophical aspects in the process of introducing a novel therapeutic intervention to treat the effects of chronic whiplash injuries; Assignment in research processes and methodologies as part of Post-Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology, University of Brighton. Read abstract
- Berry G. (2007). Adapted Reflextherapy – a treatment for spinal pain and whiplash injury. FACT – Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies;12(11):p7.
- Berry G. (2007). What evidence is there of physiotherapy intervention to reduce pain and improve function in chronic whiplash injury Assignment in Evidence Based Practice as part of Post-Graduate Certificate in Research Methodology, University of Brighton. Read abstract
- Berry G. (2005). Adapted reflextherapy and the treatment of back pain. Footnotes. Scottish Institute of Reflexology; Sept; p22-24. Read abstract
- Berry G. (2003). Adapted reflextherapy in treatment of whiplash related injuries – a case for adoption 14th WCPT Congress. Abstracts SI-PO-0147 Read abstract
- Berry G. (2003). Lower limb pain and dysfunction in adolescent boys and girls – clinical reasoning and treatment. 14th WCPT Congress. Abstracts SI-PL-0146.
- Berry G. (2002). Clinical Reflexology a guide for Professionals. Physiotherapy; Dec. Review.
- Berry G.(2000). Footnotes. Therapy Weekly; April 13; 9.
- Berry G. (2000). Beating the odds. Therapy Weekly; Jan13;p16.
- Berry G (2000). Three point reflextherapy. ACPIRT Newsletter (3) No 2; p32.
- Berry G.(2000). Reflextherapy as management of spinal pain. ACPIRT Newsletter (3) No 2; p22.
- ‘Berry G.(1999). Reflexology – When all else fails’ CSP Proceedings: p35.
- Berry G. (1989). Assessment and treatment of knee injuries with particular attention to the hamstring muscles and joint swelling. Physiotherapy; (75) No12; p690 -93.
- Featuring G Berry(2004). ‘Not just a massage or stress relief. Frontline; May(10); No 10 A Emck.(2002) Sitting comfortably’ Sailplane and Gliding. Dec (53), 6.
- ‘Study of physiotherapy services at Overton and Whitchurch surgeries’. Loddon Trust, Basingstoke, 1996
- Audit of a GP practice based physiotherapy service. Wiltshire and Swindon Health Care NHS Trust and Swindon and Marlborough NHS Trust, Sept 2000. Read more
- Extended Scope Practice (ESP) physiotherapy based in outpatients community setting, Abbey Meads Medical Practice, Swindon, part of the NHS Trust 2001. Unpublished.
- ‘Adapted Reflextherapy in Spinal pain and Whiplash Injury’ 14th Annual Symposium on Complementary Healthcare, University of Exeter, 11th – 13th December 2007 – poster. Read abstract (8)
- ‘Adapted Reflextherapy in Chronic Whiplash Injury’. Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Annual Conference, Birmingham, 2006.
- ‘Adapted Reflextherapy in Spinal pain’. Scottish Institute of Reflexology, Annual Conference, Dunblane, 2006.
- ‘The feet and their story’. Podiatry Annual Conference. Basingstoke 2005.
- ‘Adapted reflextherapy in spinal pain and whiplash injury’. Clinical Reflexology Conference, Christie Hospital, Manchester, 2005
- Berry G. (2003) Lower limb pain and dysfunction in adolescent boys and girls – clinical reasoning and treatment; 14th WCPT Congress Abstracts SI-PL-0146. Platform presentation.
- Berry G. (2003) Adapted Reflextherapy in the treatment of whiplash related injuries – a case for adoption? 14th WCPT Congress Absstracts SI-PO-0147. Poster presentation.
- ‘Intuition and healing – journey exploring solutions to pain’. Scientific and Medical Network. East Wessex Group. 2003.
- ‘Adapted reflextherapy in spinal pain including whiplash’. Annual Conference of the Association of Physiotherapists in Reflextherapy, Leamington Spa 2002.
- ‘Reflexology – when all else fails’ CSP Congress, Birmingham, 1999 – poster.
- May 2014. Gunnel received a Fellowship Award from the Association of Reflexologists.